Nick Parker MEng, ACGI, ACIM
Nick has been a board director or Managing Director of sub £20m businesses for 21 years, latterly providing food services to some of the biggest household names in the land. After gaining a Masters degree in engineering from Imperial College, one of the world’s Top 10 universities, Nick has sent most of his professional life in the sales and marketing arena. By Malcom Gladwell’s* interpretation this suggests Nick has achieved mastery in sales and marketing, though Nick knows that there is never a time to stop learning.
Nicks specific work experience has included
• Arthur D Little, the world’s oldest management consultancy
• Mars GB, one of the most respected privately owned FMCG companies in the world
• Advisor to a US venture capital backed start-up in Poland
• Commercial Director at Bighams Ltd, a premium branded food supplier to Waitrose and other premium retailers. A time when sales grew from £1m to £10m, the company featuring in the Virgin Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
• Managing Director at Bite Catering Limited, a company he built from zero money, zero employees and zero experience and at its height employing 80 people. Key activities involved the selling (& operating) of £300k- £1.2m corporate restaurant service contacts to some significant household names, including AXA, Bayer plc, SAP, JPBoden, Mattel, The CBI and Lexmark. Nick and his Chairman sold the company in 2013.
In addition to his work for his clients at Parker Marketing Nick is currently:
• An advisor to Oxfordshire start-ups through Oxfordshire Business Enterprises
• An affiliate studying member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
• A member of the Digital Marketing Association